Here’s How You Can Help!
Thank you for joining the nationwide effort to save a portion of the Willow Run Bomber Plant as a NEW home for the Yankee Air Museum! We’re in the home stretch, and we’re almost there. But you can still be a part of the great effort to “Save Willow Run” by donating today!
Get this beautiful limited edition Preservation Certificate, which you can dedicate in honor of your personal WWII hero or heroine… proof that YOU helped Save The Willow Run Bomber Plant!
Together… We can do it! Click on the big, red “Donate” button, and give generously…. and then, tweet, post and share, to spread the word!
(If you do not wish to donate via the online interface, and you wish to mail in a donation, download this form.)
- GIVE The single most helpful thing that any person or organization can do to help Save The Bomber Plant would be to give what you can, as soon as possible! To do that, Donate Now and make your gift to save a part of the “Arsenal of Democracy” from the wrecking ball! Every $50 preserves 1 square foot of the Bomber Plant, so…
- $50 preserves 1 sq. ft.
- $100 preserves 2 sq. ft.
- $250 preserves 5 sq. ft.
- $500 preserves 10 sq. ft.
- $1,000 preserves 20 sq. ft.
- $2,500 preserves 50 sq. ft.
- $5,000 preserves 100 sq. ft.
If you are uncomfortable donating online, or experience difficulty with the online interface, here is a downloadable, printable Donation Form that you can use with a credit card or check. If you’d rather make a pledge contingent upon us securing the Bomber Plant, here is a downloadable, printable Pledge Form. Or, simply mail a check (payable to: Michigan Aerospace Foundation) to Save The Willow Run Bomber Plant, c/o Michigan Aerospace Foundation, PO Box 8282, Ann Arbor, MI 48107. The Yankee Air Museum and the Michigan Aerospace Foundation have been recognized as 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations by the United States Internal Revenue Service. Your donation is tax-deductible as provided by law.
- There are no LAWN SIGNS left. Thanks to everyone who displayed lawn signs over the summer, and who are still displaying them into the colder months. Special thanks to Ruthann Jamnick at Terry’s Bakery in downtown Ypsilanti for volunteering to be a distribution point in town for the signs.
- DISPLAY A POSTER IN YOUR STORE OR RESTAURANT WINDOW Are you a business owner with a storefront or restaurant? Help build awareness and show community support by displaying a colorful Campaign poster in your window like many of the businesses in downtown Ypsilanti and Belleville already have! We also have stacks of postcard-sized flyers you can display on your literature shelf, and we now have colorful business-card sized mini-flyers that are perfect by your cash register. If you are able to display signage and/or flyers in your store, please fill out our Contact Form and we’ll see that you get some!
- SPREAD THE WORD Please… post, tweet, link, and share the Campaign message! A great way to do that is by Liking the Yankee Air Museum on Facebook and then sharing Campaign-related posts with your friends. The more people know about the Campaign, the more awareness and money we can raise!
In addition to giving, promoting, and sharing, other ways to help include…
- SUGGEST PEOPLE TO CONTACT Suggest some people or organizations you know of who might be interested in the Campaign, or might be in a position to make a significant donation or offer other support. Ideally, you would be able to personally help us make that contact! To suggest possible champions for our cause, please visit our Contact Page to fill out our Contact Form or contact us by mail, email or phone.
- TELL US YOUR WILLOW RUN OR ‘ARSENAL OF DEMOCRACY’ STORY The Yankee Air Museum’s Oral History Project has an ongoing program of interviewing and recording the recollections of WWII veterans and war workers. At this time, we are especially anxious to collect “home front” recollections from people who worked at Willow Run, or other industrial operations related to the WWII war effort. If you, or a family member, have a story you would be willing to share, or would like to be interviewed about your experiences, please visit our Contact Page to fill out our Contact Form. Our historians would love to hear from you!
- SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER Please sign up for the campaign newsletter! That way, we can keep you posted about the progress of the Campaign, and notify you of specific opportunities to help Save The Bomber Plant.
- VISIT THE YANKEE AIR MUSEUM If you have not already done so, we hope that you will visit the Yankee Air Museum. A visit to the Museum in its current home is a fun, family-friendly adventure, and will give you a sense of how much more we could accomplish in the larger space that the former Bomber Plant would provide. Learn more at the Yankee Air Museum website.
- JOIN THE YANKEE AIR MUSEUM Membership not only provides free admission and other benefits, but also helps support current and future Yankee Air Museum programs and operations. Learn more about Yankee Air Museum membership.
- ATTEND THE ANNUAL AIR SHOW Our 2013 Thunder Over Michigan Air Show will be held August 10th through 11th at Willow Run Airport. Learn more about this year’s Air Show
- BOOK A FLIGHT ON A REAL WWII BOMBER Flight Experience (FLEX) flights on our B-17 “Yankee Lady” or B-25 “Yankee Warrior” historic aircraft are available May through October. We offer flights out of Willow Run, MI and Port Clinton, OH on a regular basis, and around the country during the air show season. Learn more about FLEX flights.
- BECOME A TRIBUTE ROSIE THE RIVETER You can “Join the Rosies” by visiting our Contact Page to fill out our Contact Form.
Eight million dollars is a big number…
but together, we can do it!
Do your part. Click on the big, red “Donate” button, and give generously…. and please tweet, post and share to spread the word!
The Michigan Aerospace Foundation
The Yankee Air Museum
Campaign Co-chairmen Astronaut Jack Lousma and former GM Executive Bob Lutz